Study In Canada
Study In Canada through Study Abroad India
Presenting a complete and comprehensive guide for the students who want to fulfill their dream of studying in Canada. To introduce ourselves, we are the best Canada study abroad consultants in India.
Canada is one of the most favored study destination for Indian students. Tuition fees are affordable and it’s the home to top rated colleges and universities. Canadian government encourages Indian students to study there and Post-Graduation Work Permit (PWP) rules have increased students intake to record high. Besides this people in Canada are welcoming to multicultural diversity and is the best country for quality life.
Why Study in Canada?
- Academic Excellence: Utmost reason for Indian students to choose to study in Canada is the high quality of education. Here student receives a degree from Canadian university, which is the mark of trust. Canada has 11 of the top 250 universities worldwide.
- Good life within budget: Canada is a better place to study for Indian students because it offers good life within budget. Average cost of living is between 700 to 1900 Canadian Dollars. Also when you study in Canada you find that without compromising quality of education tuition fees is cheaper than most of the universities in US and UK.
- Earn some more: Indian studying in Canada can work up to 20 hours per week part-time and during summer and winter breaks can work full time.
- Welcoming Culture: Canada is a place of Niagara Falls and Royal Ontario Museum. It’s a place of serene landscape to the bustling city life. Mixture of English, French and Punjabi language. In short it’s a place of welcoming people.
- Research opportunities are ample: Research is in the core of Canadian thought process and Canadian government also supports that. It you are a research scholar in the fields of science and technology there is no better place to live than Canada.
- Immigration option: For Indian students Canadian government has recently announced some immigration benefits. In this they get additional work permit for 18 months called Post-Graduation Work Permit Program (PWP). Advantages are that you can either return back to India with international experience or can settle down in Canada. Choice is yours.
- Safe Place: Canada is considered to be one of the most peaceful and safest place to live in the world. At the Global Peace Index 2021, it’s ranked as 10th most peaceful country. Best part is that you get same benefits as Canadians.
- Spectacular campus life: When you study in Canadian college one thing you can expect, fests, events and vibrant campus life. You can say entertainment is in the air. This helps students to network and understand varied cultures.
- Diverse seasons: Canada is a place of warm people and varied climate. It offers white winter to red autumn. Something new every season. So come to Canada and explore it for yourself.
How to Study in Canada without IELTS?
Many students from India want to study in Canadian Universities without IELTS, which is a prerequisite by many of the Universities. But there is a silver lining. There are a number of Canadian universities which do not need IELTS score to prove proficiency in English language by Indian students. They just need to meet the criteria as stated below:
- Indian students can take other tests to prove their proficiency in English language such as Can TEST (Canadian Test for English for Scholars and Trainees), PTE (Pearson English Language Test), CAEL (Canadian Academic English).
- Provide a certificate/document that an Indian student has studied from an English medium school.
- Provide proof to Canadian universities of an official English language .
- Another way is to enroll and to attend a Canadian English language program for a semester or a year
How to study in Canada for free?
If you ever wonder that if you could ever study in Canada for free, well you are at the right place. Canada is a reputed destination for Indian students who want to pursue their higher studies abroad with world-class education and globally ranked universities/ colleges. And yes it’s possible for an Indian student to study for almost free in Canada. Listed below is 9 step process.
- Present yourself to be a great applicant: This is the first and most important step. As all of the Canadian universities looks into your academic records to access academic aptitude of the student applicant. As being a great applicant drastically increases your chance for getting a scholarship. In your present school make sure that you get high GPA’s and test scores.
- Early preparation is the key: If you start early then you get more time to gather information about the university/college you want to apply. Also to judge if you stand a chance to be accepted over there. It also narrow down the scope of error when it comes to application.
- Apply to right universities: Another most important factor is that you can go through the list of all the universities that offer affordable or free education to Indian students. This step again is most important as it takes you a step closer to what kind of budget education you are looking for.
- Look for Scholarships from Universities in Canada: You can look for the universities which offer scholarship such as University of Calgary, offers scholarships for Indian students. As per their website, they offer a “University of Calgary International Entrance Scholarship” for their undergraduate programs to Indian students who satisfy certain requirements. Which are English Language Proficiency test, a GPA of 2.60 or more, among others. Other option is University of Toronto which offers scholarships for graduate programs. As per their website there are compliance with certain requirements.
- Look for scholarship from Indian government: a student can try and get scholarship for studies from Indian government.
- Look for external scholarships: scholarship is not only limited to university or government, but there are organizations which help deserving students. Students interested in scholarships should apply to scholarship offering organizations.
- Search for affordable colleges in Canada: on an average tuition fees for undergraduate studies is 6,400$ per year and for graduate studies is7000$ a year. This amount varies from university to university. If you want to study for free in Canada, choose universities which are more affordable. Take the example of
- International Bachelor’s Tuition: 4,932 CAD – 21,373 CAD
- Domestic Bachelor’s Tuition: 2,400 CAD – 13,113 CAD
- Saskatchewan Polytechnic Admissions Pages
- Saskatchewan Polytechnic Tuition Pages
College of the North Atlantic
- International Bachelor’s Tuition: 7,590 CAD
- Domestic Bachelor’s Tuition: 1,742 CAD
- College of the North Atlantic Admissions Pages
- College of the North Atlantic Tuition Pages
Canadian Mennonite University
Booth University College
Work while Studying
According to the website of Canadian government, Indian students can work while pursuing their studies. They can work either on or off the campus.